Monday, February 13, 2017

Update to Readers

Hello everyone,

First off, thank you all for your ongoing support. Writing each of these articles has helped me navigate through the process of becoming the PA I am today. I hope that these articles continue to inspire you and give you hope that you can achieve your dreams if you are willing to work for them. I haven't been as active in the past few months and there is a reason for that - I'm working on big things. I don't want to spoil it all just yet, but keep an eye out for future glimpses at some special work I've got brewing in the pipeline.

As I pursue these projects, I would still like to continue writing articles on the PA profession and update the articles that mean the most to all of you, but with a full time job and learning my new role this is quite challenging. If there are any of you out there who would like to assist me in this process, please comment below leaving your email. I will contact a few of you and ask for your resume and why you'd like to be a part of this project.

My hope is that together we can create the best resource for pre-PA and PA students to go for free information - something that is both current and user friendly. If you have any ideas as to how to improve my blog, I'm open to suggestions.

Thank you once again for reading and I sincerely look forward to writing more posts in the future and jumpstarting my social media accounts to stay in touch with each of you.

All my best,

Paul

13 comments:

  1. If your looking for help on your blog I may be interested. Contact me st brentbowler@me.com I am a pre-pa student who just got accepted to Emory

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul,
    I have been following your blog for some time. Outstanding work.
    I am a 23 year ARMY Veteran and 20+ Fire Paramedic that pursued and was accepted to attend UW-Madison PA at 53!!! Super Excited. Been Teaching EMS/AHA/CCP for 15 years. It would be an Honor to be considered to assist in your tremendous Blog.
    jfont@uwhealth.org

    Respectfully,

    Javier

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    I would love to help out as well with your blog. I think what you are doing is fantastic and it has definitely helped me look for information about the PA profession. I am interested in making the PA career more well known to the community. I feel like people still wonder what a PA does/is. I just got accepted to Emory's PA program as well (@BrentBowler hope to see you there!). My email is astrid.villalpando@gmail.com.
    - Astrid V.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Paul,

    I have always found your blog posts so helpful and really appreciate the work you put into them. I am also a recent graduate and I have an interest in setting up mentoring opportunities to connect experienced PAs with new graduates. Let me know if I can be of any help to you. Thanks! justine.m.nguyen@gmail.com

    Justine

    ReplyDelete
  5. what an informative blog! I'm currently a new practicing PA in MA( I graduated in 2014)and I am looking to move to Texas...we are looking at Arlington/Fort Worth area..any advise on job market? how its like being a PA in Texas?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all those amazing articles Paul. I look forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I am definitely interested in helping out with the blog. I was the PA club president while in college and now that I have graduated I am applying to PA schools this month! My email is erykabradley@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, Paul. Thank you for all the articles and information you've shared through the blog. It has helped me a lot in deciding my career options.
    Although,I had a question and was hoping you could help me with it. I'm an international student and obtained my Bachelor's degree from India and am hoping to apply to PA school next year.
    I was wondering if an International Clinical Experience will count towards the required hours for PA school applications.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Riddhi,

      It definitely depends on each individual program. There is not a consensus on this that applies to all programs. I would also check to see if your credits transfer and if the programs you plan to apply to will accept an international degree.

      Delete
  9. Hi Paul, I am currently working as a Sales Representative for a DME company. I am 36 years old and have been thinking of going back to school. I have read your articles and I am very interested in pursuing a PA career. I graduated BA Political Science in the Philippines but ended up in the Pharmaceutical industry for more than 9 years. I am thinking of taking CMA as a preparatory for PA and I am planning to enrol online because of my busy schedule. I am not sure if that would work? Can you give some advice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you said CMA - did you mean certified medical assistant? Training online?

      I think getting your hands-on experience in any area of healthcare is a great way to become a better, more competitive, candidate. I would caution you to ensure that your degree from the Philippines will transfer.

      Delete
  10. Hi Paul. My name is Benjamin Hodges, PA-S'18 from Des Moines University. I am interested in helping out with your blog. You have provided a valuable resource to me throughout school and I would love to contribute for future students and other PAs. If you're still looking for help, I can be reached by email at Benjamin.E.Hodges@dmu.edu and can get you my resume/CV. Thanks, Ben.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment with feedback, questions, or inquiries for Paul. He will try to respond within 1-2 weeks.